Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Seed Planting Day!!

Today I am planting seeds!!  Woo-hoo!  Yes, little things like this excite me :) 

I got my seeds from Botanical Interests (I am an affiliate with them and any orders placed through my blog goes to help support Made at Home Daily.  Thank you for your support.  All opinions are my own.). 

If you are looking for some good quality seeds, non GMO and untreated, they are the place to go!  And my frugal self LOVES their prices!  They average about $2 a pkg of seeds, which is LESS than what I'm finding in most stores this year, AND they have a much better quality.  You can't beat it!  Right now they are also sending a free packet of seeds (mine was Lettuce Mesclun) when you order! 

Here's what I'm starting indoors today:

I will be growing: 
 
*Pineapple Tomatoes--a large beautiful orange tomato that looks like a pineapple when sliced
*Green Zebra Tomatoes--a medium green tomato with dark green stripes
*Cherokee Purple Tomatoes--a large purple tomato that looks as beautiful as it tastes
*Brandywine Tomatoes--a large classic dark pink/red tomato
*Italian Roma Tomatoes--traditional Roma tomatoes...perfect for sauces and canning
*Bush Ace Tomatoes--an average red salad tomato that is perfect for canning
*Cherry Rainbow Tomatoes--includes 7 types of cherry tomatoes (orange, yellow, white, green, red, purple, and pink & white striped tomatoes...I will literally have a rainbow of cherry tomatoes!)
*Jalapenos--because we have to have salsa with all those tomatoes
*Serranos--a smaller, spicier chile than jalapenos
*Homemade Pickles Cucumbers--small cucumbers that are the perfect size for making pickles, or eating fresh...I plan to do both
*Yellow Crookneck Squash--because it just looks so cool!
*Hearts of Gold Cantaloupe--my children LOVE cantaloupe so I'm hoping for a bumper crop
*Sugar Pie Pumpkin--a small pumpkin perfect for making pies
*Lettuce Mesclun--baby salad greens...super easy and fast growing (this I will actually sow outside right now...we don't get frost typically so as a cool weather plant, I can just plant this outside now)
 
Are you getting ready to start seeds indoors?  If so, what will be in your garden this year?
 
Happily Homemade
Sandra
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment