Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pests, pests, go away!!!

Anyone know what garden pest this is? 


 
Whatever it is has now eaten the entire lettuce plant in the top picture and 97% of the lettuce plant in the bottom pic...the basil looks about the same.  I thought it was earwigs, pincher bugs, and have a couple container traps that I put oil or tuna juice every night, but I'm catching nothing now...I had been catching 1/2 a dozen baby earwigs.  I thought it was slugs, but I don't see any slime residue and I put coffee grounds and eggshells around the plants (it's supposed to tear up their bellies), and nada!  Yet the plants are still getting eaten!!  I have noticed ants around the bed...would they be eating the plants?  Seems odd they would, but does anyone know?
 
Help!!!  I'm going nuts trying to figure out what pest this is!!!  Thanks for your help!!
 
Happily Homemade
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment