Monday, January 6, 2014

Jalapeno, Bacon, & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

Do you ever crave a big, fat, juicy hamburger?  You know, the ones that cost $10+ at fancy burger joints?  All dripping with gooey cheese and sauce? 

Well, I do!  The Handsome Mexican doesn't...he says it's an American thing...he's probably right...we American's love our burgers.  He has, however, seen a commercial for a burger stuffer doo-hickey (yes, that's the technical name) and keeps saying how great the burgers look.  So, while I don't have the stuffer, and it's not really necessary, I managed to make some outrageous stuffed burgers for dinner last night, and even HM liked them!
 
 

Jalapeno, Bacon, & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

Ground beef (enough to make as many patties as you want...you will need 2 patties per burger)
Seasonings for the burger (I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder for my burgers)
Bacon, cooked until crisp
 
Cheese Filling:
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/3 cup cream cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper (more or less to taste...mine wasn't spicy)
1 chopped jalapeno (more or less to taste...my jalapeno was wimpy-A.K.A. not spicy, so I used the whole thing...use less if you have a spicy chile or more if you like spicy)
 
Mix all the cheese filling ingredients together.  I ended up using my hands and it came together a lot like a cheese ball (which it probably could be eaten that way too...).
 
Next start shaping your patties.  I made mine pretty thin and gave it a lip, like a bowl, to hold in the cheesy goodness.
 
Scoop a spoonful of the cheese filling into the beef patty.  Spread it out a bit.
 
Add some cooked bacon on top of the cheese filling.  After doing this, I think the next time I will actually crumble the bacon and mix it into the cheese filling and save a step.
 
Top with the second patty and smoosh the edges together to seal.  That will keep most of the cheese inside the burger when it cooks.  Go ahead and cook the burger the way you do any other hamburger (grill, skillet...I put mine in a skillet and fried it.)
 
Put that baby on a bun with lettuce, sauteed onions, tomato, more bacon, mayo and mustard (or whatever you like on your burger) and satisfy your gooey burger craving!  Enjoy!
 
Happily Homemade,
Sandra
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment