Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!

 
Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's!  My mom flew in for the holidays and so I decided to take a week-ish off from the blog to spend time with family.  I hope you were all able to enjoy your loved ones also!

So, I have to ask...how many of you celebrated New Year's Eve last night?  Did you stay up till midnight?  I didn't...I'm a big 'ole party pooper!  HA!  I think my husband and I were in bed by 10-10:30pm.  Sad, huh?  We are soooo old...hahaha. 

Did you make any resolutions for the new year?  I don't really make many resolutions (besides the normal lose 300lbs that I never keep).  But I do try to set some goals for things I want to accomplish through out the year. 

Here are my 5 Goals for 2014:

1.  Enjoy my kids more.  This sounds kinda bad, and they are still small, but they seem to be growing up way too fast.  My son will be 10, yes, double digits, this year!  YIKES!  And my daughter will be 3 (going on 17, she thinks)!  Time is flying.  I am naturally an introverted homebody who could seriously stay at home for days on end and not get cabin fever.  So, my fear is that my kids suffer at times.  I don't know if they do, but part of the parenting job description is worrying...and I worry that they do suffer.  I am making it a goal to get out of the house with my kids more this year!  Even if it's just to go to the park or beach.  I need to enjoy them more.

2.  Grow my blog.  I have big plans for this blog.  Really, I do!  I plan to share more about food, of course, gardening, all natural/diy products, health and wellness (because I'm gonna lose that 300lbs this year!), crafts, and budgeting.  I still need to sit down and work out all the details, but am excited about sharing more info this year and reaching more people.

3.  Grow 100lbs of produce!   This is a big challenge for me this year!  I love to garden and really want to put big effort into producing a serious amount of food for my family.  I have been doing lots of research and hope to have a winter/early spring crop, spring, summer, fall, and late fall/winter crops.  I have a very small raised bed (about 6' x 3') plus several containers.  I want to show others that don't have a yard, that it's very possible to grow your own organic produce and help save money with the grocery budget.  So expect to see lots of gardening posts!  If you want to join me in my gardening pursuit, go check out
 
They carry just about any type of seed you could imagine!  Flowers, herbs, veggies...you name it!  I will be getting my seeds from them this year. 
 
**Yes, this is an advertisement (I am an affiliate with Botanical Interests).  Any purchases made through my blog will go to help support Made at Home Daily and is greatly appreciated.  Please note that there will be advertisements on occasion but only for products/companies which I myself would use and/or buy from.  Any and all money earned from advertisements support this blog.  Thank you for your support.**

4.  Lose weight and run a 5k.  All joking about the 300lbs aside, I really do need to lose some weight.  I have struggled with my weight for most of my life and it's something that I'd like to finally get under control.  I just love food!  It's a sad life...do I love food or skinny jeans more...it just depends on the day, to be honest! haha  I don't ever plan to live without delicious food, but will definitely be learning a lot about how to cut out some unneeded calories. (Remember all those lettuce comments...here's were I'll be posting a million ways to eat lettuce! I'm kidding...well, sort of...). 


I want to run a 5k for fun this year too.  I used to run a lot (slowly...don't start picturing an elite athlete or anything) and even ran a marathon (26.2miles) in 2010.  It was the best, and worst, decision of my life!  Not easy in ANY way, but extremely satisfying.  While my overachieving self wants to sign up for a marathon this year, I'm not going to.  I haven't run since 2010 (well, once or twice) and figure I should start small.  I've done several 5ks and really love them.  They are so much fun and the other racers are great.  I also figure that putting on running shoes will also help with the goal to get out of the house with the kiddos too!  It's a win win!

5.  Become a generous person.  This is something I am working on.  I typically have such a frugal nature that I don't get rid of much or share a lot (not because I don't really want to...I do...I just don't accumulate a ton to share...or I over share and end up suffering financially myself, which isn't wise either).  I want to change that.  I have come to realize just how very blessed my family is and I want to share that with others.  I don't really have a plan on how I will do this but trust that when a situation arises where I can share, I will know.

So, there you have it.  My 5 goals for the new year!    What resolutions did you set?  Do you have any goals you want to accomplish for this new year?  I'd love to hear about them!

Happily Homemade,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment